Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by jamin rubio <jr...@jouve.fr> on 2002/09/17 14:35:27 UTC

A killer app Slide, Lucene and cocoon ?

Hi all;

I have some question about a house project with these three project

What do you think about an application of CMS with these 3 projects ?

Could lucene search the slide Store and retrieve slide specific info in
search results like locked, editing etc...?

Is ldap implemented in Slide and how difficult is if not ?

How difficult to integrate slide user managment with coccon authetification
components ?

Thanks all for your response and sorry with my french

Re: A killer app Slide, Lucene and cocoon ?

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
On Tuesday 17 September 2002 14:35, jamin rubio wrote:

>Could lucene search the slide Store and retrieve slide specific info in
>search results like locked, editing etc...?

Lucene searching for metadata? Those data are structured, so you better
search them in a SQL- or XML-Database.
Lucene searching for content might be interesting.

> How difficult to integrate slide user managment with coccon authetification
> components ?

Stephan Michels is doing some work on this.
Look for org/apache/cocoon/components/repository/impl/Slide* and
org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/Slide*
in Cocoon scratchpad.

Martin