Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/25 15:52:26 UTC

Handling database restarts

Hello,

if database (MySQL) is restarted, how to handle pooled connections? Can
Cayenne handle database restarts in some way.

Cheers,
Borut

Re: Handling database restarts

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.

On Sep 25, 2008, at 15:52 , Borut Bolčina wrote:

> if database (MySQL) is restarted, how to handle pooled connections?
> Can
> Cayenne handle database restarts in some way.

This is up to the connection pooling system. We are deploying our
cayenne applications inside JBoss and JBoss checks every connection in
the pool before cayenne uses it for anything. If the connection is
down, then a new one is created.

Regards,
  - Tore.

Re: Handling database restarts

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
If you are using the built-in Cayenne connection pool, it should
re-connect automatically.  Connection pools outside of Cayenne are
dependent upon whatever they provide.  I believe MySQL also allows you
to specify a re-connection option in the jdbc: string.