Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Stefan Panayotov <sp...@msn.com> on 2015/07/01 18:57:09 UTC

import errors with Eclipse Scala

Hi Team, Just installed Eclipse with Scala plugin to benefit from IDE environment and I faced the problem that any import statement gives me an error.For example: import org.apache.spark.SparkConfimport org.apache.spark.SparkContextimport org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContextimport org.apache.spark.sql._import org.json4s._import org.json4s.JsonDSL._import org.json4s.jackson.JsonMethodsimport org.json4s.jackson.JsonMethods._ All report errors of type: “object apache is not member of package org” or“object json4s is not member of package org” How can I resolve this? Thanks,

Stefan Panayotov, PhD
email: spanayotov@msn.com
spanayotov@outlook.com
spanayotov@comcast.net

RE: import errors with Eclipse Scala

Posted by Stefan Panayotov <sp...@msn.com>.
Thanks, Jem.

I added  scala-compiler.jar from C:\Eclipse\eclipse\plugins\org.scala-ide.scala210.jars_4.1.0.201505250838\target\jars
And looks like this resolved the issue.

Thanks once again.

Stefan Panayotov, PhD
Home: 610-355-0919
Cell: 610-517-5586
email: spanayotov@msn.com
spanayotov@outlook.com
spanayotov@comcast.net

From: jem.tucker@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 18:20:51 +0000
Subject: Re: import errors with Eclipse Scala
To: spanayotov@msn.com; yuzhihong@gmail.com
CC: user@spark.apache.org

in eclipse you can just add the spark assembly jar to the build path, right click the project > build path > configure build path > library > add external jars

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 7:15 PM Stefan Panayotov <sp...@msn.com> wrote:

Hi Ted,

How can I import the relevant Spark projects into Eclipse?
Do I need to add anything the Java Build Path in the project properties?

Also, I have installed sbt on my machine.
Is there a corresponding sbt command to the maven command below?

Stefan Panayotov, PhD
Home: 610-355-0919
Cell: 610-517-5586
email: spanayotov@msn.com
spanayotov@outlook.com
spanayotov@comcast.net

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 10:04:23 -0700
From: yuzhihong@gmail.com
To: spanayotov@msn.com
CC: user@spark.apache.org

Have you imported the relevant Spark projects into Eclipse.
You can run command similar to the following to generate project files for Spark:
mvn clean package -DskipTests eclipse:eclipse

Posted by Jem Tucker <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.