Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Dave Meibusch <Da...@intecbilling.com> on 2007/10/03 04:11:10 UTC

org.openejb.client vs org.apache.openejb.client

Hi,
I'm using the openejb-client in my EJB test cases, but was confused for a
while with the correct package name.

All the openejb examples appear to have org.apache.openejb.client, but the
3.0-SNAPSHOT jar (via Maven) or openejb-client has org.openejb.client
package (for RemoteInitialContextFactory in particular).

Which is correct?

thanks,
Dave Meibusch

Re: org.openejb.client vs org.apache.openejb.client

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 2, 2007, at 7:11 PM, Dave Meibusch wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using the openejb-client in my EJB test cases, but was confused
> for a
> while with the correct package name.
>
> All the openejb examples appear to have org.apache.openejb.client,
> but the
> 3.0-SNAPSHOT jar (via Maven) or openejb-client has org.openejb.client
> package (for RemoteInitialContextFactory in particular).
>
> Which is correct?

This is probably the easiest answer, here is the source code:

     package org.openejb.client;
     /**
      * @deprecated use
org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory
      */
     public class RemoteInitialContextFactory extends
org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory {
     }

When we moved to Apache we repackaged all the code and re-added
subclasses of a few key classes for backwards compatibility with
older apps.  The old apps still need the new openejb-client jar, but
should be able to swap it out without having to update any source.

If you're writing a new app, using
org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory is recommended.

-David