Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Thibaut Marmin <tm...@cyres.fr> on 2013/10/14 16:14:30 UTC

Add Cloudera stack in ambari

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop new ambari stack to deploy CDH4 clusters. I've defined repos and add services (as you can see in the joined patch). But you will not be suprised that it doesn't work. Indeed, ambari agent tries to install some packages which only exists in HDP stack (when I try to install HDFS, hadoop-sbin, hadoop-pipes and  hadoop-native are not available). Is there an easy way to make ambari supports CDH stacks ? By easy I mean a solution which doesn't require the development of new puppet recipes :)

Thanks for your help

(I sent this mail in dev mailinglist but it maybe should be send in user...)

Thibaut