Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2007/03/15 14:55:28 UTC

Re: JMX for Non_Managed mode

Hi Kim,

UIMA doesn't combine the JMX MBeans of separate processes into a single view.

If you start your vinci service with the
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote (for example by modifying the
startVinciService script), it should register its MBeans with the
platform JMX Server - for the JVM in which the service is running.

If you're using jconsole to view your MBeans, when you start it up it
gives you options to connect to the process you want to monitor.  If
your Vinci service is on the same host as your CPE, then the process
will show up on the "Local" tab.  If it is on another host you have to
go to the "Remote" tab and tell it what host its on.

Hope that helps,
  -Adam

P.S. I moved this discussion to the uima-user mailing list, which is
the preferred place for questions from users.