Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Sen, Kakoli" <Ka...@ps.net> on 2006/07/19 14:06:17 UTC

Regarding HTTP Proxy server

Hi all,
    I am new to Jmeter. As far as I understood, HTTP proxy server in JMeter is needed for recording HTTP requests. So it needs to run in the same machine as Jmeter(ie.e., localhost).
    I am doing testing from behind the company's proxy server. But for local addresses like servers running on localhost/some local machine, I am bypassing the proxy. In this scenario, how do I make use of JMeter's HTTP proxy?
    Also, how do I make use of LoginConfigElement? Is there any pointer to it in any document/tutorial?

Thanks in advance,
Kakoli

Re: Regarding HTTP Proxy server

Posted by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com>.
Hi, i'm a new jmeter user.

:::Problem summary and origin:::
================================
In the tutorial "Recording Tests"
found at http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/
link:<http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf>

I found that the Test plan icons in the lhs pane look very different
from my jmeter 2.2 which is working on : Linux SuSE/ JDK1.5

The icons in the tutorial pdf were much nicer. How come? Were they
changed in version - if so why did the icons become uglier ????
Thanks.

This a lo-priority question .

Dat.