Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Bala Krishna Gangisetty <ba...@altiscale.com> on 2014/07/18 02:44:51 UTC

HiveServer2 and Tez

Trying to use Tez through HiveSever2 client (beeline). But I was not
successful (pasted error message below). However Tez jobs can be run
successfully through Hive but not through HiveServer2 client. Is there any
specific configuration required for HiveServer2 in the context of Tez? Most
likely, the issue is because of not finding Tez jars in the HiveServer2
classpath. Appreciate any pointer to the HiverServer2 and Tez
configuration.

-- Bala G.

P.S:

Error log:

2014-07-17 23:39:05,353 WARN  thrift.ThriftCLIService
(ThriftCLIService.java:ExecuteStatement(364)) - Error executing statement:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tez/dag/api/SessionNotRunning
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy.invoke(HiveSessionProxy.java:84)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy.access$000(HiveSessionProxy.java:37)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy$1.run(HiveSessionProxy.java:64)
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure.doAs(HadoopShimsSecure.java:500)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy.invoke(HiveSessionProxy.java:60)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15.executeStatementAsync(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService.executeStatementAsync(CLIService.java:234)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.ExecuteStatement(ThriftCLIService.java:358)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1373)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1358)
at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
at
org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor.process(TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:55)
at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:206)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

RE: HiveServer2 and Tez

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
Do jps for HS2 and then use ps to figure out the classpath.

Bikas

Posted by Bala Krishna Gangisetty <ba...@altiscale.com>.

RE: HiveServer2 and Tez

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.