Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matt Laywell <ma...@kktarchitects.com> on 2001/12/03 17:39:06 UTC

fop servlet input file

I am using tomcat 4.0, fop 0.20.2, ibis 5.0 on a w2kp workstation.
using asp and an sql query i am writing .fo files reatime for my clients.  i
want to serve them a pdf document to their browser without them having to
download hte .fo file.  the problem seems to be with the servlet.

http://matt2/fop/fop?fo=c:/temp/test.fo

this works just fine.

http://matt2/fop/fop?fo=//matt2/test.fo

this gets a network name not found error.

is anyone using a url for the fo file? or have other suggestions.

please help.

Re: fop servlet input file

Posted by Laurent Vaills <la...@laposte.net>.
On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 17:39, Matt Laywell wrote:
> I am using tomcat 4.0, fop 0.20.2, ibis 5.0 on a w2kp workstation.
> using asp and an sql query i am writing .fo files reatime for my clients.  i
> want to serve them a pdf document to their browser without them having to
> download hte .fo file.  the problem seems to be with the servlet.
>
> http://matt2/fop/fop?fo=c:/temp/test.fo
>
> this works just fine.
>
> http://matt2/fop/fop?fo=//matt2/test.fo
>
> this gets a network name not found error.
>
> is anyone using a url for the fo file? or have other suggestions.
>
> please help.

And if you try with file::// like this :
http://matt2/fop/fop?fo=file://matt2/test.fo

Laurent