Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2004/06/01 09:42:11 UTC

[VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Hello Devs,

as I already mentioned I propose to deactivate the forms editor in the
"Edit" menues of pubs, because there are to many open issues with at
least one blocker.

See bugzilla entries 26564, 29074, 26577. Maybe we can re-enable the
forms editor in a 1.2 bugfix release.

In the name of a stable 1.2 release :) here is my

+1

--

RolfKulemann

"There is inherently no silverbullet" - F.Brooks

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 11:04, Jann Forrer wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Devs,
> > >
> > > as I already mentioned I propose to deactivate the forms editor in the
> > > "Edit" menues of pubs, because there are to many open issues with at
> > > least one blocker.
> > >
> > > See bugzilla entries 26564, 29074, 26577. Maybe we can re-enable the
> > > forms editor in a 1.2 bugfix release.
> > >

> > That means the OneForm Editor is the only remaining lenya-editor (because
> > BXE has to be downloades seperately) which is short.
>
> AFAIK the 1.2 binary packages will contain KUPU and BXE. Maybe I'm
> wrong?

Ok, very good. This is certainly helpful for users who start to
work with lenya.

Jann

Jann Forrer
Informatikdienste
Universität Zürich
Winterthurerstr. 190
CH-8057 Zuerich

oooO   mail:  jann.forrer@id.unizh.ch
(  )   phone: +41 1 63 56772
 \ (   fax:   +41 1 63 54505
  \_)  http://www.id.unizh.ch

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 11:04, Jann Forrer wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > as I already mentioned I propose to deactivate the forms editor in the
> > "Edit" menues of pubs, because there are to many open issues with at
> > least one blocker.
> >
> > See bugzilla entries 26564, 29074, 26577. Maybe we can re-enable the
> > forms editor in a 1.2 bugfix release.
> >

> That means the OneForm Editor is the only remaining lenya-editor (because
> BXE has to be downloades seperately) which is short.

AFAIK the 1.2 binary packages will contain KUPU and BXE. Maybe I'm
wrong?

> Probably it is necessary to deactivate the forms editor in order to have
> a release 1.2 but I would suggest to fix the remaining bugs as soon as
> possible after the release and re-activate the forms editor.

Yes, it would be a pity to deactivate it, but people can feel free to
activate it  their own or get it back in the bugfix release.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> as I already mentioned I propose to deactivate the forms editor in the
> "Edit" menues of pubs, because there are to many open issues with at
> least one blocker.
>
> See bugzilla entries 26564, 29074, 26577. Maybe we can re-enable the
> forms editor in a 1.2 bugfix release.

That means the OneForm Editor is the only remaining lenya-editor (because
BXE has to be downloades seperately) which is short.
Probably it is necessary to deactivate the forms editor in order to have
a release 1.2 but I would suggest to fix the remaining bugs as soon as
possible after the release and re-activate the forms editor.

> In the name of a stable 1.2 release :) here is my
>
> +1

Therfore 0
I am not committer anyway, but a vote 0 is certainly allowed ;-)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> It seems to work on Windows.
> Thanks for fixing!

thanks for pointing out the read/write problem ;-)

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

>> Cool and good luck hunters.
>>

> I think we have found the problem. Andreas noticed that you shouldn't
> read and write the same file within the pipeline.
>
> I have moved the "renumbering" of the tags into the action. It "still"
> works for me ;-) Maybe somebody with Windows can give it a try.

It seems to work on Windows.
Thanks for fixing!

-- Andreas

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 19:52, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

> >Cool and good luck hunters.
> >

> I think we have found the problem. Andreas noticed that you shouldn't
> read and write the same file within the pipeline.
>
> I have moved the "renumbering" of the tags into the action. It "still"
> works for me ;-) Maybe somebody with Windows can give it a try.

Cool, thanks. I will role another one tomorrow. I also will change my
changes to build-webapp.xml (copyPubs).

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>Cool and good luck hunters.

I think we have found the problem. Andreas noticed that you shouldn't
read and write the same file within the pipeline.

I have moved the "renumbering" of the tags into the action. It "still"
works for me ;-) Maybe somebody with Windows can give it a try.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 15:14, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

> >Yes. Just to make clear: I do not use windows,
> >

> me neither, but I will try to grab Andreas and see if we can fix this
> together (the lock I mean). Give us some more hours ;-)

Cool and good luck hunters.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> I thought it would be better for the release to deactivate
> features which have hard issues.

This should be a general guideline.

Andreas

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 14:30, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Dale Christ wrote:
>
> >All--
> >
> >If you exclude the forms editor, then you are restricing users to editing blog
> >entries to Mozilla only, as BXE is the only editor that can edit blog entries.
> >

> I think Rolf doesn't mean excluding the form editor itself, but
> rather putting a comment within the menus of the default publication,
> which means within the blog publication it would still be usable.
>
> Rolf, right?

Yes. Just to make clear: I do not use windows, but I think a lot of

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com>.
All--

If you exclude the forms editor, then you are restricing users to editing blog
entries to Mozilla only, as BXE is the only editor that can edit blog entries.

-1

--Dale

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> as I already mentioned I propose to deactivate the forms editor in the
> "Edit" menues of pubs, because there are to many open issues with at
> least one blocker.

-1

> See bugzilla entries 26564, 29074, 26577.

26564 is a Windows-only issue, therefore I would rather
mention this problem as a "known issue" than disable it
for all Unix users too.

29074 - can't this be fixed?

26557 - a usability issue, but not a blocker IMHO.

-- Andreas

Re: [VOTE] Deactivate forms editor in 1.2

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>Hello Devs,
>
>as I already mentioned I propose to deactivate the forms editor in the
>"Edit" menues of pubs, because there are to many open issues with at
>least one blocker.
>
>See bugzilla entries 26564, 29074, 26577. Maybe we can re-enable the
>forms editor in a 1.2 bugfix release.
>
>In the name of a stable 1.2 release :) here is my
>
>+1

+1

...but it is a shame that it is not included ;-).
IMO that is good stuff for using within DOCO.
...but like you said "stable 1.2 release".

thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.