Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Amit Garg <am...@cs.utexas.edu> on 2002/09/22 01:40:24 UTC

Simple query about using primitive datatypes

Hi all.

Simple question: Is it recommended to always use Object types (like
Integer) as opposed to primitive types (like int) when building web
services?

Thanks,
;Amit

Re: Simple query about using primitive datatypes

Posted by Harish Prabandham <ha...@mail.finex.com>.
No, But it should not matter.  Since web services could be called from
languages
other than Java, so, on the contrary,  I would try to stay away from
Java's wrappers
on the primitive types.  This perhaps could make it easier for other
tools generating
client  code from the wsdl description of your service.

Harish

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
Amit Garg wrote:

>Simple question: Is it recommended to always use Object types (like
>Integer) as opposed to primitive types (like int) when building web
>services?

  I prefer to use int, personally, but I don't believe it really
matters.  I like to use primitive types in my beans as much as possible,
and if I need to use an object method then I just instantiate it at that
time.