Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Minnow Noir <mi...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/11 23:43:28 UTC

Problem installing/running 4.2.2 (CentOS 7, Java 1.8, HBase 0.98.9)

I'm attempting  to try out Phoenix but am unable to run it.  I have no
familiarity with the product;  I'm simply following the quick start
instructions and unable to run the product.

I followed the instructions on the installation page (
http://phoenix.apache.org/download.html#Installation):

   - Download and expand the latest phoenix-[version]-bin.tar. Use either
   hadoop1 and hadoop2 artifacts which match your HBase installation.

Done.

   - Add the phoenix-[version]-server.jar to the classpath of every HBase
   region server and remove any previous version. An easy way to do this is to
   copy it into the HBase lib directory (use phoenix-core-[version].jar for
   Phoenix 3.x)
   - Restart all region servers.

I added the server jar file to the HBase lib folder.  I also started the
HBase server, did the HBase "getting started" tutorial, hit the HBase web
app, and everything checked out.

   - Add the phoenix-[version]-client.jar to the classpath of any Phoenix
   client.

I added the Phoenix directory (which has all the jars) to the server's
classpath.

I then ran sqlline, which went away for almost 10 minutes, and then came
back, saying that it couldn't connect:

[user@localhost bin]$ ./sqlline.py localhost
Setting property: [isolation, TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED]
issuing: !connect jdbc:phoenix:localhost none none
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver
Connecting to jdbc:phoenix:localhost
15/01/11 14:08:12 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
15/01/11 14:17:23 WARN client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Encountered problems when prefetch hbase:meta table:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after
attempts=35, exceptions:
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042,
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$FailedServerException: This server is
in the failed servers list: localhost/127.0.0.1:39821
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$FailedServerException: This server is
in the failed servers list: localhost/127.0.0.1:39821

I tried this multiple times, but it never connected. There aren't enough
details in the installation instructions or quick start page to know what
to check.

Any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Re: Problem installing/running 4.2.2 (CentOS 7, Java 1.8, HBase 0.98.9)

Posted by "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>.
Hi,
Are you deploying hbase in pseudo-distributed mode? Does localhost be your zookeeper host quorum actually?
You can list a copy of your hbase-site.xml in $HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-site.xml.
BTW, the third step actually means that you can put phoenix-[version]-client.jar to your client application classpath, e.g. your java project
aiming to connect to your phoenix cluster. You do not need to copy the whole jars to hbase regionserver lib path.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

From: Minnow Noir
Date: 2015-01-12 06:43
To: user
Subject: Problem installing/running 4.2.2 (CentOS 7, Java 1.8, HBase 0.98.9)

Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042, java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$FailedServerException: This server is in the failed servers list: localhost/127.0.0.1:39821