Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Phillip Susi <ps...@cfl.rr.com> on 2005/08/25 23:30:19 UTC

ap_process_connection

Where is this function implemented?  I can't seem to find it.

I found this comment in a header:

>     Note: In the future it will be possible for ap_process_connection
>     to return to the MPM prior to finishing the entire connection; and
>     the MPM will proceed with asynchronous handling for the connection;
>     in the future the MPM may call ap_process_connection again -- but
>     does not guarantee it will occur on the same thread as the first call.

And I was wondering if this has been done yet, but I can't locate the
implementation of ap_process_connection to find out.  I'm trying to see
if I can modify it to make asynchronous socket IO calls and return to
the MPM before the entire conversation is complete.  That way the
winnt_mpm can use a small pool of worker threads to perform zero copy
async IO using the IO completion port and become more fast, efficient,
and scalable than it currently is.