Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Meyer, James" <ja...@experian.com> on 2001/06/27 19:22:30 UTC

removing a tomcat worker

Hello all,
Is there any way to remove a tomcat worker from a load balancing pool,
without restarting tomcat or at least adjust it weight?
This would come in very handy when working on one  of our servers.

Basically I'm looking for a way to tell a worker to stop accepting new
sessions, and finish it's current workload.  Then when it's done I can
update the site without any session loss.

I am using apache 1.3.19 tomcat 3.2.1 on Solaris 2.8

Thanks in advance

-James