Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Chhaya Vishwakarma <Ch...@lntinfotech.com> on 2014/03/06 05:27:07 UTC

Multiple flume agent on single machine

Hi

I have a problem statement where i need to collect data from multiple machines(each machine forwarding data for different format) to centralized storage(Hbase).

I need to make a different table for each type of log collected.

How can i do it using flume? Is it possible to run multiple flume agent on same machine ? I can assign each type to one agent which will write to hbase.

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

Re: Multiple flume agent on single machine

Posted by Christopher Shannon <cs...@gmail.com>.
This looks to be just what I need.

Thanx, Jeff

- Chris

Posted by Jeff Lord <jl...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simeon Zaharici <si...@yahoo.com>.
Here is a simple example of 2 netcat sources sending to 2 different elasticsearch clusters. The same principle would apply for HBase as well

#Flow definition
agent.sources = netcat anothernetcat
agent.channels = netcat-channel-es anothernetcat-channel-es
agent.sinks = netcat-sink-es anothernetcat-sink-es

# For each one of the sources, the type is defined

agent.sources.netcat.type = netcat
agent.sources.netcat.bind = 0.0.0.0
agent.sources.netcat.port = 5150

agent.sources.anothernetcat.type = netcat
agent.sources.anothernetcat.bind = 0.0.0.0
agent.sources.anothernetcat.port = 5155

# The channels can be defined as follows.
agent.sources.netcat.channels = netcat-channel-es
agent.sources.anothernetcat.channels = anothernetcat-channel-es
# Each sink's type must be defined

agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.type = elasticsearch
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.hostNames = server1:9300,server2:9300,server3:9300
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.indexName = flume_netcat_index
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.indexType = bar_type
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.clusterName = netcat
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.batchSize = 500
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.ttl = 5

agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.type = elasticsearch
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.hostNames = server4:9300,server5:9300,server6:9300
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.indexName = flume_anothernetcat_index
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.indexType = bar_type
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.clusterName = anothernetcat
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.batchSize = 500
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.ttl = 5

#Specify the channel the sink should use
agent.sinks.netcat-sink-es.channel = netcat-channel-es
agent.sinks.anothernetcat-sink-es.channel = anothernetcat-channel-es
# Each channel's type is defined.

agent.channels.netcat-channel-es.type = memory
agent.channels.anothernetcat-channel-es.type = memory

# Other config values specific to each type of channel(sink or source)
# can be defined as well
# In this case, it specifies the capacity of the memory channel

agent.channels.netcat-channel-es.capacity = 1000000
agent.channels.anothernetcat-channel-es.capacity = 1000000
agent.channels.netcat-channel-es.transactionCapacity = 1000
agent.channels.anothernetcat-channel-es.transactionCapacity = 1000

Thank you for your reply do you have any sample for the same?