Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de> on 2013/07/22 15:08:20 UTC

German translation missing for extended help for categories in Elements Window in Math

Hi all,

the extended help for categories in Elements Window in Math is not
translated to German. When I look in Pootle, I see the current text is
indeed English. But below I see in the area "Ähnliche Übersetzungen"
(Engl. Similar Translations) a 100% hit with the correct German
translation. So there exist already a German translation.

I can assign this translation to the current English source, that is not
the problem.

But my question is, from where comes this German text and why is it not
used but the help is still English?
Why is the help translation on 0 words left, although there are
obviously strings to translate?

Kind regards
Regina

Re: German translation missing for extended help for categories in Elements Window in Math

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On Jul 22, 2013 8:29 PM, "Mechtilde" <oo...@mechtilde.de> wrote:

> Hello Regina,
>
> I guess this is the same Problem as for the UI.
>
> There are strings which are marked that they have the same text as the
> English one.

when someone does a fast job by copying the orginal text, pootle telle that
translation is 100% but the review page should make the alarm bell go off.

actually the review page provides a lot of control, if you use it.
especially in helpcontent2, where you so easily loose a bracket or
translate the tag name.

rgds
jan i

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.