Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Baker <pb...@mindspring.com> on 2007/06/23 18:08:26 UTC

Skinning - af | document

I have a couple of skinning questions:

When use inlineStyle with tr:document, I get the desired effect:

  inlineStyle="{background-image:
url(images/border_back.gif);padding:0px;}">

I would like to use a skin selector or a styleClass.

I have tried defining a couple of several skin selectors for tr:document and
have also tried using styleClass with the "AFDocument" class.  Nothing
works.

.AFDocument {

      background-image: url(images/border_back.gif);

      padding:0px;

      }

af|outputdocument {

      background-image: url(images/border_back.gif);

      padding:0px;

      }

af|document {

      background-image: url(images/border_back.gif);

      padding:0px;

      }

trinidad-skins.xml contains:

    <skin>

        <id>eLoadMaster.desktop</id>

        <family>eLoadMaster</family>

        <render-kit-id>

            org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop

        </render-kit-id>

            skins/eLoadMaster/eLoadMaster.css

    </skin>

trinidad-config.xml contains:

  <skin-family>eLoadMaster</skin-family>

The page appears to be rendering with the correct css link:

<link rel="stylesheet" charset="UTF-8" type="text/css"
href="/AHM560_WEB/adf/styles/cache/eLoadMaster-desktop-1_0_0-incubating-en-i
e.css">

Questions:

How do I define (use) a skin selector for tr:document?

Where are the skin selectors defined?

I did find skin-selectors.xml in cvs, but I can't find a selector for
tr:document.

I have also looked at:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/adf/adffaces/11/doc/skin-selectors
.html

Thanks - Paul

Re: Skinning - af | document

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
Run Trinidad with content compression OFF (In web.xml, set

<context-param>
 <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION</param-name>
 <param-value>true</param-value>
</context-param>
)

Then look at the rendered source. Do you see a styleclass on the document? If not, then there is no key.
You can always use the HTML's ELEMENT name, like:

DOCUMENT {}

Look at the skin-selectors.xml file that is in the Trinidad source. You can run mvn site to generate the html.
I don't know where we post this, or if we do.

The link you are looking at is for JDeveloper's 11g product, which isn't Trinidad.

- Jeanne