Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/12 10:49:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.5 RC2

Hi all,

I created an RC2 built for a Qpid Broker-J 7.0.5 release.
Please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary bundles can be found at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.5-rc2

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1144

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12343398

Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your poms the staging repo as below:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1144</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.5 RC2

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 12 June 2018 at 11:49, Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I created an RC2 built for a Qpid Broker-J 7.0.5 release.
> Please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary bundles can be found at
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.5-rc2
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1144
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12343398
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
> your poms the staging repo as below:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1144</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signatures and checksums.
- Checked LICENCE and NOTICE files present in each archive.
- Ran "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests with the default profile, using
"mvn verify -DskipITs=false" (unmodified, so 0.32.0 JMS client).
- Started broker from binary archive, created a queue with the
  console, used it to run the Qpid JMS 0.33.0 RC1 HelloWorld.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.5 RC2

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

Verified checksums
Built from source bundle
Ran bdb AMQP1.0 and mms AMQP 0-9-1 test profiles (using Qpid JMS 0.33)
Ran simple send/receive examples against the broker and used the console UI

-- Rob

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.