Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Diego Torres Milano <di...@in3.com.ar> on 2004/10/15 04:09:48 UTC

svn import bug or feature ?

I've tried to import this:

[diego@zebra temp]$ tree
.
|-- branches
|-- tags
`-- trunk
    |-- hello.c
    `-- hello.o

3 directories, 2 files

[diego@zebra temp]$ svn import . file:///tmp/svntest -m "Initial import"
Adding         trunk
Adding         trunk/hello.c
Adding         branches
Adding         tags

Committed revision 1.

And hello.o is _silently_ ignored and I couldn't find an import option
to do this.
The only solution is to 'svn add' after import.
Obviously this is not the real case but a oversimplification.

--
Diego Torres Milano <di...@in3.com.ar>
IN3

Re: svn import bug or feature ?

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

>Hmm, why doesn't 'svn import' support "--no-ignore", like svn status
>does, though?
>
>I'm tempted to file an enhancement issue for this (or just add the
>option), but thought I'd check here first.

Good idea. Please do (if you haven't already)!

/Tobias

Re: svn import bug or feature ?

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:05:49 -0300, Diego Torres Milano
> <di...@in3.com.ar> wrote:
> > My ~/.subversion/config has already the global-ignores line commented
> > out.
> > Where does this behavior come from ?
>
> The default built-in global-ignores (which has the same value as the
> commented out line in .subversion/config. Uncomment that line and
> change its value to make sure your files are imported correctly.

Hmm, why doesn't 'svn import' support "--no-ignore", like svn status
does, though?

I'm tempted to file an enhancement issue for this (or just add the
option), but thought I'd check here first.

-Karl

Re: svn import bug or feature ?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
<di...@in3.com.ar> wrote:
> My ~/.subversion/config has already the global-ignores line commented
> out.
> Where does this behavior come from ?

The default built-in global-ignores (which has the same value as the
commented out line in .subversion/config. Uncomment that line and
change its value to make sure your files are imported correctly.

HTH,

Erik.

Re: svn import bug or feature ?

Posted by Diego Torres Milano <di...@in3.com.ar>.
My ~/.subversion/config has already the global-ignores line commented
out.
Where does this behavior come from ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: svn import bug or feature ?

Posted by "Øyvind A. Holm" <su...@sunbase.org>.

Re: svn import bug or feature ?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:09:48 -0300, Diego Torres Milano
<di...@in3.com.ar> wrote:
> I've tried to import this:
>
> [diego@zebra temp]$ tree
> .
> |-- branches
> |-- tags
> `-- trunk
>     |-- hello.c
>     `-- hello.o
>
> 3 directories, 2 files
>
> [diego@zebra temp]$ svn import . file:///tmp/svntest -m "Initial import"
> Adding         trunk
> Adding         trunk/hello.c
> Adding         branches
> Adding         tags
>
> Committed revision 1.
>
> And hello.o is _silently_ ignored and I couldn't find an import option
> to do this.
> The only solution is to 'svn add' after import.
> Obviously this is not the real case but a oversimplification.

The 'import' command is subject to the global-ignores option in
~/.subversion/config which specifies a list of extentions for which
files not to import.

bye,

Erik.