Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Dalquist <eb...@mtu.edu> on 2001/05/18 17:59:10 UTC

FOP applet/oracle

I'm looking for a solution to the problem of dynamically generating PDF reports from an oracle web server. The server supports java packages and applets.  I have been searching for an example of an applet that uses FOP to create a PDF from xml and sends it to the user's browser. I am hoping that someone has or can point me to an example of using FOP through an applet.

-Eric Dalquist

Re: FOP applet/oracle

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
> Eric Dalquist wrote:
>
> I'm looking for a solution to the problem of dynamically generating PDF
> reports from an oracle web server. The server supports java packages and
> applets.  I have been searching for an example of an applet that uses FOP to
> create a PDF from xml and sends it to the user's browser. I am hoping that
> someone has or can point me to an example of using FOP through an applet.

Why don't you use a servlet?
Have a look at docs/examples/embedding

> -Eric Dalquist

Christian