Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Keven Murphy <mu...@gdls.com> on 2006/05/02 19:48:33 UTC

Subroutine issues

Hello,

I am having some issues with Embperl 2.2.0 and subroutines.

I used to be able to call a subroutine from another file like this in
Embperl 1.3.6:
[- Execute ({ inputfile => 'displayedit.html', import => 1 }) -]
[- EditReport -]

displayedit.html
[$ sub EditReport $]

     (code & html)

[$ endsub $]

Under 2.2.0, I get a blank page.  Once in a great while it will actually
work.

If I do this to the displayedit.html file:

<BR>
Loaded file
<BR>
[$ sub EditReport $]

     (code)

[$ endsub $]

I will see the line "Loaded file", but nothing from the subroutine.

Any ideas?

Keven Murphy
murphyk@gdls.com

Murphy's Law
((U+C+I)x(10-S))/20xAx1/(1-sin(F/10))
U = Urgency    C = Complexity
I = Importance S = Skill
F = Frequency  A = Aggravation

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

RE: Subroutine issues

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I am having some issues with Embperl 2.2.0 and subroutines.
>
> I used to be able to call a subroutine from another file like
> this in Embperl 1.3.6:
> [- Execute ({ inputfile => 'displayedit.html', import => 1 }) -]
> [- EditReport -]
>
> displayedit.html
> [$ sub EditReport $]
>
>      (code & html)
>
> [$ endsub $]
>

> Under 2.2.0, I get a blank page.  Once in a great while it
> will actually work.
>
> If I do this to the displayedit.html file:
>
> <BR>
> Loaded file
> <BR>
> [$ sub EditReport $]
>
>      (code)
>
> [$ endsub $]
>
> I will see the line "Loaded file", but nothing from the subroutine.
>
> Any ideas?

Mmmh, looks like a bug. I try to reproduce it here and then will get back to
you

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **