Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ta...@controldocs.com on 2005/06/24 21:15:31 UTC

Re-indexing

Does lucene have adaptive re-indexing option? I have indexed several large
tables. I need to add extra documents to the tables every now and then. Do
I need to re-index the whole table all the time or there is any way to add
the new documents to the indexing with less fuss?

Thanks
Tareque

Re: Re-indexing

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jun 24, 2005, at 3:15 PM, tareque@controldocs.com wrote:
> Does lucene have adaptive re-indexing option? I have indexed
> several large
> tables. I need to add extra documents to the tables every now and
> then. Do
> I need to re-index the whole table all the time or there is any way
> to add
> the new documents to the indexing with less fuss?

Lucene quite pleasantly supports incremental indexing.  Simply open
an existing index and write new documents to it, no problem.

     Erik