Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 23:08:58 UTC

[FLEX-33487] Double-click does not trigger DataGrid item editor session if doubleClickEnabled is true

It looks like Carol put in a feature that is also the a fix for this issue
"editorActivationMouseEvent".  I've checked the default behavior.

                    // If double click is not enabled or we want a double
click to open an
                    // editor, then open the editor directly now. Otherwise
start a timer
                    // and wait to see if a double click comes in that will
cancel the edit.
                    if (dataGrid.editOnDoubleClick ||
                        InteractiveObject(lastItemDown).doubleClickEnabled
== false)
                    {
                        // we don't need to wait on the time since editing
double click is ok.
                        dataGrid.startItemEditorSession(rowIndex,
columnIndex);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        doubleClickTimer = new
Timer(dataGrid.doubleClickTime, 1);
                        doubleClickTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER,
doubleClickTimerHandler);
                        doubleClickTimer.start();
                    }

There is also a private variable that can support doubleclick to enable
editing.  Do we want to keep the default behavior as it is, since this
"editorActivationMouseEvent" gives you ability to make it work the way you
want, or should we also enable the doubleclick variable?

mx_internal var editOnDoubleClick:Boolean = false;

I'm inclined to leave it at this time since there is a new feature for it
and close the ticket. Any objections?

-Mark