Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Naveen Gangam <ng...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/20 02:58:36 UTC

[Draft] Board report for October for Apache Hive

Please review and provide any feedback.October 2022

The Apache Hive ™ data warehouse software facilitates reading, writing, and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage (Apache Hadoop)
using SQL.

## Issues:

No issues requiring board attention this time.

## Membership Data:

Apache Hive was founded 2010-09-21 (~12 years ago)

There are currently 104 committers and 52 PMC members in this project.

The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:1.

Community changes, past month:

No changes

## Project activity

Release criteria for 4.0.0GA Planning underway. The master branch is now
versioned 4.0.0 from alpha2.

Jira activity:

In the trailing 31 days, 109 jiras
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12352360> have been opened,
30 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12352363> of which have
been FIXED. A total of 68 jiras
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12352361> have been
closed/resolved and a total of 59 jiras
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12352362> have been FIXED.

## Community Health:

Re: [Draft] Board report for October for Apache Hive

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for putting this together Naveen!

The reports are usually for the whole quarter [1] so when describing
membership data, project activity, etc, we shouldn't restrict the info to
the last month.

Note that membership and project activity sections are somewhat incomplete.
Please check the instructions in [1] focusing on the following two
questions:

* When did the project last make any releases? [REQUIRED]
* When were the newest committers or PMC members elected? [REQUIRED]

From my perspective it is a bit worrisome that there have been no new
committers/PMC members in the last 8 months.
This is a comment/question that may also come from the board so the PMC
should probably look into this.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting