Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com> on 2009/06/04 15:54:07 UTC

SpellCheckComponent: queryAnalyzerFieldType

Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:

| If you use spellcheck.q parameter for specifying
| the spelling query, then the field's analyzer will
| be used [...] If you use the q parameter, then the
| SpellingQueryConverter is used.

http://markmail.org/message/k35r7qmpatjvllsc - message
http://markmail.org/thread/gypvpfnsd5sggkpx  - whole thread

Is it correct to say that when I intend to always use
the spellcheck.q parameter I do not need to specify a
queryAnalyzerFieldType in my spellcheck searchComponent,
which I define in solrconfig.xml?

Given the limitations of the SpellingQueryConverter laid
out in the thread referred to above, it seems you want to
use the spellcheck.q parameter for anything but what can
be encoded in ASCII. Is that true?

Michael Ludwig

Re: SpellCheckComponent: queryAnalyzerFieldType

Posted by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com>.
Shalin Shekhar Mangar schrieb:

>> Is it correct to say that when I intend to always use
>> the spellcheck.q parameter I do not need to specify a
>> queryAnalyzerFieldType in my spellcheck searchComponent,
>> which I define in solrconfig.xml?
>
> Yes, that is correct.
>
> Even if a queryAnalyzerFieldType is not specified and your query uses
> q, then WhitespaceTokenizer is used by default.

Thanks for clarifying.

> SpellingQueryConverter was written for a very simple use-case dealing
> with ASCII only. But there is no reason why we cannot extend it to
> cover the full UTF-8 set.

> Can you please open an issue and if possible, give a patch?

Please see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1204

Regards,

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com> wrote:

> Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
>
> | If you use spellcheck.q parameter for specifying
> | the spelling query, then the field's analyzer will
> | be used [...] If you use the q parameter, then the
> | SpellingQueryConverter is used.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/k35r7qmpatjvllsc - message
> http://markmail.org/thread/gypvpfnsd5sggkpx  - whole thread
>
> Is it correct to say that when I intend to always use
> the spellcheck.q parameter I do not need to specify a
> queryAnalyzerFieldType in my spellcheck searchComponent,
> which I define in solrconfig.xml?

Yes, that is correct.

Even if a queryAnalyzerFieldType is not specified and your query uses q,
then WhitespaceTokenizer is used by default.

> Given the limitations of the SpellingQueryConverter laid
> out in the thread referred to above, it seems you want to
> use the spellcheck.q parameter for anything but what can
> be encoded in ASCII. Is that true?

Umm, no actually. SpellingQueryConverter was written for a very simple
use-case dealing with ASCII only. But there is no reason why we cannot
extend it to cover the full UTF-8 set.

I'm sorry I forgot to follow-up on the old thread where you and Jonathan
posted a regex that should work. Can you please open an issue and if
possible, give a patch?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.