Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/08 20:25:10 UTC

master build is broken again

Master branch doesn't compile after fetching the latest code. Please fix
whoever's commit caused it.

mvn clean install -P developer,systemvm

ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
(default-compile) on project cloud-api: Compilation failure: Compilation
failure:
[ERROR]
/Users/alena/cloudstack-oss/api/src/com/cloud/server/ManagementService.java
:[32,55] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol  : class ArchiveAlertsCmd
[ERROR] location: package org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.admin.resource
[ERROR]
/Users/alena/cloudstack-oss/api/src/com/cloud/server/ManagementService.java
:[33,55] cannot find symbol

Re: master build is broken again

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 12:09:34PM -0800, Min Chen wrote:
> A lesson learnt, just tried git apply <patch> and git am < patch on my
> system, it seems that I should use "git am" to apply the patch, which will
> automatically add those new files into tracked files. I will use "git am"
> in the future.

Unfortunately it will depend on what format the patch is in.  If it's
got the commit details in the header, then yup: git am is the way to go.

If it's just a raw patch, then git apply, plus git add and git commit
(with --author='Foo Bar <foo@bar.com' for proper commit attribution).

Re: master build is broken again

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
A lesson learnt, just tried git apply <patch> and git am < patch on my
system, it seems that I should use "git am" to apply the patch, which will
automatically add those new files into tracked files. I will use "git am"
in the future.

Thanks
-min

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013, at 04:41 PM, Mike Tutkowski wrote:
> I wanted to make sure I understood this line properly:
>
> "git clean -f" will clean up your workspace, in case there are temporary
> untracked files under your workspace.
>
> What happens to your untracked files when you execute "git clean -f"?
>  They're not deleted, are they?  Or maybe that's the point of the -f
>  option
> (to delete such files)?

>From the git-clean man page:

"Cleans the working tree by recursively removing files that are not
under version control, starting from the current directory."

Git has a configuration variable called clean.requireForce that is
usually set to "true" - meaning you have to type the -f to tell git
"yes, I really mean it - delete those files."

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

RE: master build is broken again

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Yah, if "-f" is used, all the untracked files will be removed, so to be cautious when using this command. I will not be responsible for any damage when you run the command...:)

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
*™*

Re: master build is broken again

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 01:02:19AM +0530, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> This commit seems to be the culprit - Commit: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack/commit/5e4c2c8a

It is.  I -1'd it, and reverted.

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.