Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Justin Johnson <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/08 14:24:15 UTC

Re: Can't move '...\.svn\tmp\entries' to '...\.svn\entries': Access is denied

Elyahu,

Sorry for the weird reply.  I had unsubscribed from the list, but saw
your post in the archives.  I'm replying to the latest email I have in
the thread.

I'm still trying to get an exclusion from real time virus scanning for
the .svn directory at my company.  I'll keep you posted on how my
testing goes.

Justin

Re: Can't move '...\.svn\tmp\entries' to '...\.svn\entries': Access is denied

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@gmail.com>.
I just wanted to reply to this old thread to record some more
information I've found.

1. I setup a box where Norton Antivirus was not installed and could
not reproduce the problem.

2. In TortoiseSVN 1.4.x, if I right click and select TortoiseSVN >
Settings > Look and Feel > Icon Overlays, and under Status Cache
select Shell instead of Default, I cannot reproduce the problem, even
when Norton Antivirus is installed.

I'm currently working to get all .svn directories and contents
excluded from real time virus scanning, but at least have a decent
work around (#2 above) in the meantime.

Justin

Posted by Elyahu Eaton <El...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks it helped a lot.

Posted by Raman Gupta <ro...@fastmail.fm>.

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Elyahu Eaton <El...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

  I think the AntiVirus is the issue. I shut it down for a try and it
looks like it worked fine. I'm not 100% sure because I have other
failures that I'm not sure are connected. I'm checking it and let you
know tomorrow or the day after.

Thanks,
Eli.