Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/02/14 04:37:31 UTC

Graduation-ready?

Hi, everyone,

I have been following Mynewt in the "shadows" since I ran into Sterling at
ApacheCon in Vancouver.

The Incubator is filling up faster than graduations are occurring and we
are very keen to graduate podlings that seems to be self-sustaining.

Following the successful release not too long ago, I think Apache Mynewt
should become a TLP,

  1. Release went quite smooth,
  2. A lot of positive activity in community, and podling have brought in
new people from that pool.

Since I am pretty sure Justin will remain on the TLP PMC, I don't worry if
some experience is missing here and there, be that with ASF infra, legal or
otherwise.

I urge Apache Mynewt to discuss graduation and hopefully have a resolution
drafted for March Board meeting (approx 1 month).

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org <http://zest.apache.org> - New Energy for Java

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com>.
+1 on my part for graduation

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Ah!! I think there is a small mistake... The [VOTE][RESULT] thread is
parent to the post on general@incubator.a.o, and if you are on both
dev@mynewt and general@incubator, then in GMail (others?) it looks like the
VOTE was successful and brushed off as "ok, done, nothing for me to do."
and I think that is why it has been missed.

And I also incorrectly assumed that the release was done.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Hi Mentors,

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.

On 13 Feb 2017, at 21:17, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also think Mynewt is also ready to considering graduating.

+1

>> Since I am pretty sure Justin will remain on the TLP PMC, I don't
>> worry if
>> some experience is missing here and there, be that with ASF infra,
>> legal or
>> otherwise.
>
> If they want me to stay on I\u2019m willing to do so.

+100

Sterling

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Wondering if you had a chance to look at our 1.0.0beta2 and consider it to be fit for release.. If so, could you provide us your vote?

It’s on my list of things to do I’m just a bit busy with my $dayjob this week.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Padmasheela kiiskila <sh...@runtime.io>.
Hi Justin,

Thought I will intro myself.  I am the new Program Manager at Runtime and helping with release amongst other things.

Wondering if you had a chance to look at our 1.0.0beta2 and consider it to be fit for release.. If so, could you provide us your vote?

regards,
Sheela

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Graduation-ready?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1... and I hope to stay on as well, if they will have me :)