Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Anchal Sharma2 <an...@in.ibm.com> on 2021/09/15 10:02:59 UTC

Read requests on solr cluster

Hi Team ,

We are using solrcloud with cluster. Could some one please clarify ,if I do a read or write operation specifically using the URL for 1 solr node ,can the read and  write requests be redirected to the other cluster node ?Our Java application is using solr URL for 1 particular node of cluster ,but requests seem to be going to the other cluster node as well.

We did understand that write to 1 node should reflect automatically to other cluster node ,but can the "read/search" operation to one solr node URL be redirected to the other solr node on its own ,even if we specifically used the URL for 1 node?
Solr  version ->v8.6.3
Zookeeper version ->v3.5.8

Thanks
Anchal

Re: Read requests on solr cluster

Posted by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com>.
Hi Anchal,

If I remember well, with Solrcloud search queries are transparently reverse-proxed to all the nodes in the cluster having the same collection.
Cloud you share the configuration used with your Java client? Because usually Java clients use zookeeper to discovery the Solr nodes and the collections they are looking for.

Ciao,
Vincenzo

--
mobile: 3498513251