Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Burke <da...@esat.net> on 2002/01/09 16:00:14 UTC

allowoverride & options

Hi,

All of my users homedirs are under /usr/local/www, eg /usr/local/www/user1

I had the following setup in my httpd.conf

<Directory /usr/local/www>
    Options IncludesNOEXEC ExecCGI
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
</Directory>

My problem is that I want people to have the option to turn on indexes within
thier directories. But if i allow them to override the options directive, they
can turn on includes, which is what I don't want.

Is it possible to have it setup, so people cannot override Includes, but can
override the Indexes options ? Or is that fine a granuality missing?

Any pointers appreciated.

Dave

RE: allowoverride & options

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: daveb@bilbo.esat.net [mailto:daveb@bilbo.esat.net]On Behalf Of
> Dave Burke

> My problem is that I want people to have the option to turn on
> indexes within
> thier directories. But if i allow them to override the options
> directive, they
> can turn on includes, which is what I don't want.

There is no way around this as far as I know.

Joshua.