Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/26 01:00:11 UTC

[juddi-Users] General Questions

Hello juddi,

1) I see that the main class in v0.7 is
RegistryServlet but in v0.6, it is Config   So has
there been a major architectural change in juddi in
v0.7?   (I am trying to port some open source stuff
from juddi v0.6 to v0.7)

2) Can someone provide a porting document from v0.6.x
to v0.7? It will be very helpful.

-Anil

http://search.yahoo.com

RE: [juddi-Users] General Questions

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@attbi.com>.
Anil, there are significant changes! Unfortunately there is not doc too
... Just haven't found the time for it. I'd suggest you deploy an 0.7.0
and see if you can get it up and running.  See the jUDDI deployment
guide for assistance.

  http://www.juddi.org/

Pull jUDDI from the 0.7.0 CVS head at this point - avoid the 0.7.0
release. We're about to cut an 0.7.1 release that contains all bug fixes
since the 0.7.0 release (many).

Configuration is handled differently than 0.6.0. jUDDI now expects two
J2EE environment entries to be set in 'juddi.propsFile' and
'log4j.propsFile'.

The database schema has also changed (but not by much). Perform a diff
on the 0.6.0 & 0.7.0 ddl to determine where the changes are.

jUDDI no longer uses UDDI4j on the server side ... this shouldn't have
any impact on a deployment however.

Some of the classes and packages have been renamed or moved.

Steve