Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ted Roeloffzen <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 11:41:59 UTC

No multiple childnodes

I'm writing a small application and i don't want to use the rootnode
directly. I have my own node(cms) in which all my content is stored. Now i
want to make sure that the node(cms) can exist only once in the repository.
I know that you can give childnodes the property multiple in your CND-file,
but i can't do that for the rootnode. So is there an easy way to do that?

Ted

Re: No multiple childnodes

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 11/20/06, Ted Roeloffzen <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm writing a small application and i don't want to use the rootnode
> directly. I have my own node(cms) in which all my content is stored. Now i
> want to make sure that the node(cms) can exist only once in the repository.
> I know that you can give childnodes the property multiple in your CND-file,
> but i can't do that for the rootnode. So is there an easy way to do that?

hmm, good question. i guess there's no easy way to doing that :(.
the 'problem' is nt:unstructured which rep:root (the primary type of the
root node) extends from. the child node definition in nt:unstructured
allows same name siblings...

cheers
stefan