Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Jay Li (jianli)" <ji...@cisco.com> on 2014/09/17 11:10:40 UTC

how can we config ATS as full transparent proxy

Hi,

I am a junior of ATS.  In order to make inbound and outbound transparent proxy cache server , is there anybody help to provide a workable config for reference?  Thank you!

Regards
Jay

Re: how can we config ATS as full transparent proxy

Posted by "Jay Li (jianli)" <ji...@cisco.com>.
Hi, Alan

Thank you.  And there are two interfaces (eth0/eth1) in your example and
the mangle table is below.

iptables -t mangle --flush PREROUTING
if (( $INBOUND )) ; then
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j
TPROXY --on-ip 0.0.0.0 --on-port 8080 --tproxy-mark 1/1
fi
if (( $OUTBOUND )) ; then
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 80 -j MARK
--set-mark 1/1
Fi

But in case that I have only one interface in my ATS server for both
inbound and outbound traffic (like single arm route), is it possible for
transparent proxy?  Can I just change eth1 to eth0 in mangle table?

iptables -t mangle --flush PREROUTING
if (( $INBOUND )) ; then
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j
TPROXY --on-ip 0.0.0.0 --on-port 8080 --tproxy-mark 1/1  /// eth1->eth0

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.