Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Julio Biason <ju...@azion.com> on 2017/12/15 19:02:22 UTC

Why did you pick Scala/Java for your project?

Hey guys,

We are in a point when we are almost good to go with our pipeline in Flink,
but when building it, we found a bunch of problems with the docs about the
Scala API (the mail I sent a few days ago was one of the many documentation
problems I found so far).

So, we are kinda wondering: Why each of you picked Scala or Java for your
projects? Were there any reasons beyond "We know it"?

(Sorry if the question is too broad and open but the team is really divided
about this question and we can pick enough points on the internet about
Scala vs Java, but we really want to hear about the people _building_ Flink
stuff.)

--
*Julio Biason*, Sofware Engineer
*AZION*  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.