Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr> on 2006/08/02 09:16:38 UTC

Re: Breadcrumb help needed!

Hi,
(Don't know if someone has already answered you ?)

le 25/07/2006 14:34 G.Verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl a écrit :

> Dear Forresters,
>
> I'm trying to grasp breadcrumbs, but don't understand them! The 'How
> do breadcrumbs work?' (FAQ 3.12) doesn't really help me sorry! The
> note (see below) in skinconf.xml doesn't either!
>
> NOTE: If a breadcrumb entry points at a local file the href must
>     be complete, that is it must point to the file itself, not to a
>     directory.
>
> How do I manage to create a reference to a local file with for example
> link2?

With skin :

<trail>
    <link1 name="My external link"
href="http://www.myExternalSite/MyExternalPage.html"/>
    <link2 name="My Local File" hef="file.html"/>
    <link3 name="My Local File in subdir" href="sub-dir/file.html"/>
  </trail>

And with the dispatcher (because I am sure you will soon try it :-) ) :
<forrest:contract name="branding-breadcrumbs">
  <forrest:property name="branding-breadcrumbs">
    <trail>
      <link1 name="My external link"
href="http://www.myExternalSite/MyExternalPage.html"/>
      <link2 name="My Local File" hef="file.html"/>
      <link3 name="My Local File in subdir" href="sub-dir/file.html"/>
    </trail>
  </forrest:property>
</forrest:contract>

> Could anybody please give some hint on this? Thanks in advance!

HTH,

Cyriaque,