Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Thomas Burdairon <tb...@entelience.com> on 2005/12/19 17:29:49 UTC

Bug or Feature ?

Hello everybody.

We were using Axis 1.1 for our application, but we have switched to
1.3 recently and we have encountered an annoying problem that we
finally fixed.

In fact our client (Flash) was not able to deserialize some objects,
and after investigations we found that these objects were not
declared in the Wsdl anymore.
These objects were never returned as by the Webservice, but were put
in List objects.
Typically, if we had 2 classes like this :
class A
{
    ...  //some basic types
    List list;//list of object B
}
class B
{
     ...//some basic types
}
A was registered in the wsdl, but not B.

These objects were declared with the others in wsdd files with
beanMapping, but were not in the wsdl, and we fixed it with declaring
them with extraClasses parameter for the service.

So, is it a bug or a feature?

Bye

Thomas