Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by akash jayaweera <ak...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/23 03:14:37 UTC

Identify stopwords using TF-IDF

Hello All,
I'm trying to identify stopwords for a non-English corpus using TF-IDF
score. I calculated the score for each unique term in the corpus. But my
question is how can I select stopwords using the score.
For example if we have a corpus of football, term "football" get the lowest
TF-IDF score. But for my requirement I don't want to identify "football" as
a stopword.
How can I clearly Identify stopword. Is there any other simple method to
identify stopwords than TF-IDF score.

Regards,
*Akash Jayaweera.*

E akash.jayaweera@gmail.com <ak...@gmail.com>
M + 94 77 2472635 <+94%2077%20247%202635>

Re: Identify stopwords using TF-IDF

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
I haven’t removed stopwords since 1996, when I joined Infoseek. What is your special case where you must remove them?

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by akash jayaweera <ak...@gmail.com>.