Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Margrit Lottmann <ma...@ovgu.de> on 2011/03/10 15:34:29 UTC

still to the problem of missing headers

...it is a very serious problem...

Test , from 11 to 13 today...

I've configured our central system filter (before
transfering mail to receipients)

...logging X-Sam-Score/X-SPAM-Report if Score > 5
      there were 160 mails with only such
      MISSING_HEADERS  ...but all of them were
      present...were normal mails from our normal
      mail senders

What can I do in spamassassin configuration
to stop these tests or decrement evaluations
of such scores

???
--

MfG Margrit Lottmann

Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
Abt. Kommunikation und Netze

Tel.: 0391 67 58572  Fax:  0391 67 11134

Re: still to the problem of missing headers

Posted by Michael Scheidell <mi...@secnap.com>.
On 3/10/11 9:34 AM, Margrit Lottmann wrote:
> ...it is a very serious problem...
>
> Test , from 11 to 13 today...
you have been told more than once.  this is not a spamassassin problem.
this is a problem with how you are calling spamassassin from your MTA.
Why do you ignore the experts?
Best way to fix spamassassin in your network is to remove it. disable
it.  you are using it wrong, and no one can help you if you don't listen
to the experts.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Best Intrusion Prevention Product, Networks Product Guide
    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Hot Company Award, World Executive Alliance
    * Best in Email Security, 2010 Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine

Re: still to the problem of missing headers

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
Margrit,

> ...it is a very serious problem...
>
> Test , from 11 to 13 today...
>
> I've configured our central system filter (before
> transfering mail to receipients)
>
> ...logging X-Sam-Score/X-SPAM-Report if Score > 5
>       there were 160 mails with only such
>       MISSING_HEADERS  ...but all of them were
>       present...were normal mails from our normal
>       mail senders
>
> What can I do in spamassassin configuration
> to stop these tests or decrement evaluations
> of such scores
> ???

Sometimes the MISSING_HEADERS are triggered due to
errors in a SpamAssassin configuration file. Run the:
  $ spamassassin --lint
and if any errors are reported, fix them.

  Mark