Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Kadri Atalay <at...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/21 00:18:06 UTC

How to Extract Document Content into Solr Using Manifold

I'm able to use Manifold and SharedDrive connector to index files into Solr.
But, only information I see in the Solr is Author, Content_type,Name, &
last_modified.

Can anyone tell me, how to index also the content into Solr ?

Thanks in Advance !

Kadri

PS. I'm using SolrCell (Tika) and manual update/extract is working fine.

Re: How to Extract Document Content into Solr Using Manifold

Posted by Kadri Atalay <at...@gmail.com>.
OK, Thanks.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I tried out your suggestions here on a freshly-installed Solr 3.1
instance.  Some observations:

(1) The /extract/tika handler does not exist out of the box; the
/update/extract handler still exists though.
(2) For the /update/extract handler, it did not seem like you needed
fmap.content=attr_content as an argument.

So it looks like, for a simple setup, the Solr output connector's
default values worked just fine.  (I had a lot of trouble with Derby
queries running a long time, but that's a different issue).

Karl

Posted by Kadri Atalay <at...@gmail.com>.
Sure Karl, no problem.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.