Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mike <mi...@vipersystems.biz> on 2003/11/11 23:25:03 UTC

[users@httpd] multiple php include files

I currently manage several websites that share the same code.
This code is included into many of the pages on every site.
I have duplicate copies of the code set up in each virtual host
directory.
Obviously this wastes space on my server and wastes my time having to
update them all.

I was looking for suggestions on the best way to be able to access these
php files through includes for each site.
A couple of the options that I have already looked into were-
I could put the code all into one directory for site A
and when I want to include these files I would have to include the full
path to the files
I really don't want to have to do this because I frequently move things
and I would have to change the path on each file.

either put these files into .:/usr/local/lib/php

or
create a directory called "inc" in /usr/local/apache
and then add the following line to php.ini
include_path = ".:/usr/local/apache/inc "

I hope I made it clear what I want to accomplish.
If you could give your recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike

Webmaster / Sales Associate