Posted to users@flex.apache.org by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/14 10:55:29 UTC

FlexJS: js:ApplicationDataBinding

when we should use below statement in FlexJS application? As per
understanding, this will be require  with {data} type of binding . Please
clarify.

<js:beads>
        <js:ApplicationDataBinding />
  </js:beads>

-----
Regards,
Prashant

Re: FlexJS: js:ApplicationDataBinding

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

If you FlexJS app uses data binding, you should include one of the data
binding tags, including ViewDataBinding. FlexJS is a "pay as you go"
system to keep the size of the applications as small as possible. If you
have an app that doesn't use data binding, there would be no need to
include all of the code that supports it.

Our initial "basic" set of components is designed to produce apps with
small footprints. We expect that future groupings of components would have
some of these features bundled together but we aren't there yet, but
volunteers are welcome to start putting them together.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project