Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sukumar Gorai <su...@bluehorse.in> on 2011/09/22 14:37:23 UTC

SVN

Why we need SVN setup? And if is important then how to install? Please
explain and how to use SVN?

Sukumar Gorai
Jr. Software Developer
Bluehorse Software
Email-sukumar.gorai@bluehorse.in <Em...@bluehorse.in>
Mob-+91-8296015120
       +91-9647555891

RE: SVN

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> Why we need SVN setup? And if is important then how to install? Please
> explain and how to use SVN?

http://tinyurl.com/yfbu38t

BOb

Re: SVN

Posted by Geoff Hoffman <gh...@cardinalpath.com>.
Read this http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Re: SVN

Posted by Chris Albertson <al...@gmail.com>.
As other have pointed out, this a book length subject. but there is
even more to it.  First you have to answer "what will version control
fit into my software development process"  What you will find is you
wil also need some system to track bugs and progress on fixing them
and a way to relate software versions to which bug fixes and new
features.    The subject is large enough that one book can't over it.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California