Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anthony Lai <an...@oracle.com> on 2001/04/25 22:23:58 UTC

Problems in using SSL for tomcat direct

Hi,

  I have followed the instructions for installing SSL in tomcat 3.2.1
from apache.  I have used the openssl.exe from cygwin to generate the
certificate.

  It seems that the SSL port is available, as seen from the log.
However, when I try to view the index.html by doing
https://localhost:8443/index.html, the page was not able to show, and
the tomcat log gives me the following output for both IE and netscape:

2001-04-25 01:17:03 - Ctx(  ): 400 R( /) null
2001-04-25 01:17:03 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R( /) Socket closed

  When I use IE, it just says "The page cannot be displayed", and
Netscape says "netscape and this server cannot communicate securely
because they have no common encryption algorithm(s).

  Did anyone encounter this error, or does someone know what my problem
is?  Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Sincerely,

Anthony

Re: Problems in using SSL for tomcat direct

Posted by Anthony Lai <an...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

  Just now, I have searched more deeply in the previous newsgroup messages,
and I tried to use a self-created certificate, and it works now.  Does
anyone know what was my problem?  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anthony