Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gildas Guillemot <gg...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2004/06/08 16:10:43 UTC

XMLDBSource and credential

Hi,

I was trying to write an document to an eXist database using the
WritingSourceTransformer when I figure out that the user and password
defined in cocoon.xconf at:

<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
<driver class="org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist" user="user"
password="password"/>
</component-instance>

were not used.

In the methods writeOutputStream() and delete() of XMLDBSource.java file
of the xmldb cocoon block. the call to :
DatabaseManager.getCollection(base);
is used instead of :
DatabaseManager.getCollection(base, user, password) ;

Is there a reason for that ? if not, I've made a little patch (attached
to this mail) against the last version of this file from the cocoon-2.1
module of the CVS.
need I fill a bug report too ?

Gildas

Re: XMLDBSource and credential

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 08.06.2004 16:10, Gildas Guillemot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to write an document to an eXist database using the
> WritingSourceTransformer when I figure out that the user and password
> defined in cocoon.xconf at:
>
> <component-instance
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
> name="xmldb">
> <driver class="org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist" user="user"
> password="password"/>
> </component-instance>
>
> were not used.
>
> In the methods writeOutputStream() and delete() of XMLDBSource.java file
> of the xmldb cocoon block. the call to :
> DatabaseManager.getCollection(base);
> is used instead of :
> DatabaseManager.getCollection(base, user, password) ;
>
> Is there a reason for that ? if not, I've made a little patch (attached
> to this mail) against the last version of this file from the cocoon-2.1
> module of the CVS.
> need I fill a bug report too ?

It's better to do so, so that the patch does not get lost.

Joerg