Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/11 08:04:58 UTC

two small doubts

Guys!
What is 'shim' DOM thing that is being talked about these days. Is it
a DOM implementation hooked over StAX rather than the conventional SAX
(as done in Xerces etc.) ???
One more doubt is...
if we are going to be so averse against JAXRPC+SAAJ compliance as they
stand to date, then we *might* have difficulty later when trying to
sell Axis2 in the industry. People would be interested to kick the
tyres using testclients that are written using SAAJ programming model
than learning to create a SOAP request using just OM projected APIs.
For those who take the extra little effort in learning the new thing,
obviously results will be more quick. But if that's the only choice we
offer then we might loose on quite a good number.
Even I agree that it's the on-the-wire compliance that's more
important, but at least on the client side, API compliance too is
something that can't be overlooked.

JC

Re: [Axis2] Fwd: two small doubts

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi All;

let me add something too, becouse I has been a BIG user of OM as I
wrote the most of code  that glaue the engine and OM.

OM is more or less the DOM IN API, only differance I feel is it has
Iterators rather than lists. But the concepts just hold.  Somebody who
wrote code on DOM can wrote code on the OM pretty quickly.
If they need to replace the jax-rpc impl with the API intact then it
is tough, but IMO Axis2 presents enough new things for jusitfy the bit
of work!

Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
+1!

JAX-RPC imposes way too many constraints on a web services toolkit design.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,