Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vijay <vi...@flatworldindia.com> on 2009/09/21 19:42:56 UTC

Need help to load test for 50-100 users with set of user actions

Hi All,

I have a scenario

a.	User login
b.	Perform activity on Lead

a.	From user home page click an activity (Call #1 - a link which
displays a set of leads - Activity, lead has a unique id)
b.	Select the call result of a lead as Voice mail (Ajax request -
updates database)
c.	Select the call result of a lead as conversation (which loads a new
form Conversation and the select the conversation as 'Follow up/Appointment'
for a different lead.

c.	Logout

I've recorded the same flow using Jmeter proxy server and Test plan contains

a.	Test plan
b.	Thread group
c.	Seven samplers (Login page, User home page, Activity, Call
result(Drop down values 'Voice mail, message with admin, other, ski ,
conversation (conversation result - follow
up/Appointment/referral/others/more info requested))

With HTTP request defaults and HTTP cookie manager

I ran the test for 1 user - script executed and passed.

I ran the test for 2 users - script gets failed..

Kindly can any one help me whether my test plan setup is correct or let me
know what I need to do the test.

Thanks in Advance

Vijay

Re: Need help to load test for 50-100 users with set of user actions

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/09/2009, Vijay <vi...@flatworldindia.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

>  I have a scenario
>
>  a.      User login
>  b.      Perform activity on Lead
>
>  a.      From user home page click an activity (Call #1 - a link which
>  displays a set of leads - Activity, lead has a unique id)
>  b.      Select the call result of a lead as Voice mail (Ajax request -
>  updates database)
>  c.      Select the call result of a lead as conversation (which loads a new
>  form Conversation and the select the conversation as 'Follow up/Appointment'
>  for a different lead.
>
>  c.      Logout
>

>  I've recorded the same flow using Jmeter proxy server and Test plan contains
>
>  a.      Test plan
>  b.      Thread group
>  c.      Seven samplers (Login page, User home page, Activity, Call
>  result(Drop down values 'Voice mail, message with admin, other, ski ,
>  conversation (conversation result - follow
>  up/Appointment/referral/others/more info requested))
>

>  With HTTP request defaults and HTTP cookie manager
>
>  I ran the test for 1 user - script executed and passed.
>
>  I ran the test for 2 users - script gets failed..

It would be easier to give a useful answer if there was at least a
hint as to what "failed" means, e.g. error messages.

>  Kindly can any one help me whether my test plan setup is correct

Clearly not.

>  or let me  know what I need to do the test.

See above.