Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by RuneImp <ru...@imptech.net> on 2002/03/05 11:37:40 UTC

Java Apps

I have a client that is using several Java apps in
his pages. These apps sometimes do not show up in
the pages though. Displaying a gray box only for
some reason. These apps worked perfectly on his
other server (WinNT box. Not sure if it used IIS
or Apache) and when they work on my server they
work fine. They just don't always work.

It's my understanding that this should all be
client side stuff. Apache just serves up the file
(class file listed in the applet tag) and the
browser does the rest. There is no special
instructions sent by the web server. Is this not
the case?

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

Re: Java Apps

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.
> It's my understanding that this should all be
> client side stuff. Apache just serves up the file
> (class file listed in the applet tag) and the
> browser does the rest. There is no special
> instructions sent by the web server. Is this not
> the case?

Correct. No special mime types, response headers or anything is needed.
Just static "dumb" file serving.

I can't imagine switching web server would have any effect on applets
running or not running on the client.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org