Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by ma...@schrick-design.de on 2011/10/05 18:06:00 UTC

lenya-extras, basic publication

Hi all,

I've updated the the basic publication in the lenya-extras repository:

README.txt
- some notes about the publication and the features; intended to be a quick reference.
- contains also some TODO notes

sitemap.xmap
- more comments concerning the restructuring and the individual parts

Questions:
1)
there are some matchers in the pipeline I'm not sure if they're required in the 'basic' version of a publication.
I've commented them out (with the remark "GS: required generally?") and still anything seems to be working. They start at line 479 (current revision).
mainly the */**.html.meta and **meta matchers are the ones I've no idea where they're used.

2)
the properties input modules throw an exception when the requested property does not exist.
For this reason the properties for the custom error pages must be present although the value can be empty.

2.1)
same for the metadata input module.
this requires for example a different call of the page2xhtml-...xls transformation (see basic pub sitemap.xmap: map:resource name="do-page-layout", line 95) if no document exists (404) because of the metadata passed as parameters.

IMO it would be nice if the input modules would just deliver an empty value instead of an exception. Is there a configuration option to change the behaviour?

Best regards,
 Gerd