Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Chad M. Shellenbarger" <cs...@watchtv.net> on 2003/04/16 20:03:48 UTC

[users@httpd] URL Redirection

I have www.something.com pointed to an apache webserver and its the main site.  I also have www.somethingelse.com that needs to go to that some webserver.  How do I redirect it to another host directory.

Thanks
Chad

Re: [users@httpd] URL Redirection

Posted by juanca <ju...@sat.com.py>.
What you have to do is following:

<VirtualHost www.something.com:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@something.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/something.com
    User something.com
    Group something.com
    ServerName www.something.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache/something.com
-error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache/something.com
-access.log common
</VirtualHost>

this is for something else

<VirtualHost www.somethingelse.com:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@www.somethingelse.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/something.com<-----------------------------start doing changes from here
    User something.com
    Group something.com
    ServerName www.somethingelse.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache/www.somethingelse.com-error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache/www.somethingelse.com-.log common
</VirtualHost>
Now if you use Bind or DJBDNS you have to add the zones as well, make sure of this

Good luck