Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <se...@pisem.net> on 2002/06/04 11:41:57 UTC

Undefined references for APR

Hi,

I get the following when building from the latest release (checked out ~
7 AM DST today):

/usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
undefined reference to `apr_allocator_mutex_set'
/usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
undefined reference to `apr_allocator_set_max_free'
/usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
undefined reference to `apr_allocator_owner_set'
/usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
undefined reference to `apr_pool_allocator_get'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [subversion/clients/cmdline/svn] Error 1

I first compiled old neon statically according to INSTALL, but removed
apr/ and apr_util/ which were packaged in the tarball. Check out went
fine, and I had trouble with configure. This time it didn't detect APR
or APU, so I had to add --with-apr=/usr and --with-apr-util=/usr (for
the first build I didn't need to do that). I also added
--with-apxs=apxs. The apache I'm using is 2.0.36 with apxs patched by
myself so that it worked with php, but maybe I didn't do it right (I'm
waiting for 2.0.37 to address that). Neon that it used during this step
is 0.21.1.
Can this be because APR in 2.0.37 went too far ahead?
Thank you!

Sergey.

> I get the following when building from the latest release (checked out ~
> 7 AM DST today):
>
> /usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
> undefined reference to `apr_allocator_mutex_set'
> /usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
> undefined reference to `apr_allocator_set_max_free'
> /usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
> undefined reference to `apr_allocator_owner_set'
> /usr/src/subversion-r1868/svn/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr.so:
> undefined reference to `apr_pool_allocator_get'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [subversion/clients/cmdline/svn] Error 1
>
> I first compiled old neon statically according to INSTALL, but removed
> apr/ and apr_util/ which were packaged in the tarball. Check out went
> fine, and I had trouble with configure. This time it didn't detect APR
> or APU, so I had to add --with-apr=/usr and --with-apr-util=/usr (for
> the first build I didn't need to do that). I also added
> --with-apxs=apxs. The apache I'm using is 2.0.36 with apxs patched by
> myself so that it worked with php, but maybe I didn't do it right (I'm
> waiting for 2.0.37 to address that). Neon that it used during this step
> is 0.21.1.
> Can this be because APR in 2.0.37 went too far ahead?

This is because your APR is outdated.  You need a newer version (straight
from cvs).  Since mod_dav_svn also uses apr_allocator_mutex_set etc indirectly
through the svn libs, you'll need to use httpd from cvs aswell (or at least
compile/link apache against the latest apr).

> Thank you!
>
> Sergey.

HTH,

Sander